Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Vegan Whole Wheat Orange Cake

Eggless Whole Wheat Orange Cake

On my way back home, I'm was sitting in the bus craving for warm home-made cake. So why delay it? I had oranges and apples at home and after much thinking I decided to bake an Orange cake! I was skeptical of how it would turn out as I had never baked an Orange cake before, but trust me it turned out so wonderful that it got over in no time!!

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Eggless Orange Cake
Ingredients:
Wheat Flour/AllPurpose Flour1 Cup
Baking Powder1/2 Tsp
Baking Soda1/2 Tsp
Salta pinch
Orange Juice3/4 Cup
Brown Sugar/Regular Sugar1/2 Cup
Any Oil1/4 Cup
Orange Zest1 Tsp
Walnuts or any nuts1/4 Cup

Method:

  1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degree C or 350 degree F
  2. Sieve the whole wheat flour with salt, baking soda and baking powder
  3. Add Sugar and Oil in a bowl and mix them well until incorporated.
  4. Now add Orange Juice and Orange zest to the mixture.
  5. Mix in sieved flour to the wet ingredients along with Walnuts or any nut of your choice.
  6. Pour the batter to a container of your choice. (round tin, bread tin, square tin)
  7. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes. Insert a fork in the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean, then the cake is completely baked :)
  8. Serve warm with tea or coffee 

Notes:
  1. I used orange juice that I pureed from fresh oranges. You can also use store bought orange juice.
  2. Same can be baked as muffins as well. But reduce the baking time to 20-25 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment